You may have experienced the impact of an illness or trauma on you, your family or your friends and co-workers. From these experiences comes the understanding that “No one ever knows when they may truly NEED Grady.”
While we hope you never have this experience, we have provided an outlet for you to make a difference in the breakthrough medicine and care provided at Georgia’s leading healthcare facility, the Grady Health System. By supporting Grady, you are helping to care for your loved ones and your community during their times of need.
You have probably heard of Grady Hospital, but you may not know about the important role that Grady plays in the health of our city and state and of the miraculous stories of lives saved every day.
Grady Hospital is Georgia’s largest public academic health system and the premiere level 1 trauma center for metro Atlanta, providing unparalleled care in trauma, burn, stroke, neonatal intensive care and other critical services to over 600,000 Georgians every year, many of which are our community’s most vulnerable citizens.
Other key services and accomplishments of the Grady Health System include:
- Premier sporting events, conventions and Fortune 1000 headquarters in Atlanta are in large part due to the credibility that Grady’s level I trauma center brings to the city
- The state’s only Poison Control Center
- Georgia’s first Cancer Center of Excellence and Avon Breast Health Center
- Nationally acclaimed Marcus Stroke and Neuroscience Center
- State of the art Correll Cardiac Center
- One of only two American Burn Association/American College of Surgeons verified Burn Centers in Georgia
- World’s first comprehensive 24/7 Sickle Cell Center
- Named 2013 Gage Award Winner for Quality by America’s Essential Hospitals
- Named “Most Wired” Hospital for the last three years in a row by Hospital and Health Networks magazine
- In 2013 alone, Grady provided care for 126,000 emergency visits, 11,000 stroke visits, 2,600 burn visits, 1,200 neonatal and high risk infants, and over 600,000 general patient visits
With Grady’s rich history, comprehensive care state-wide and academic programs, the Health System is part of our community’s past, present and future. Be a part of our legacy!
Originally founded in 1892 by visionary Atlanta Constitution editor Henry W. Grady, today, the health system consists of the 953-bed Grady Memorial Hospital, six neighborhood health centers and Crestview Health and Rehabilitation Nursing Center as well as 5,000 dedicated and passionate employees.
Since 2008, Grady has undergone a remarkable turnaround thanks to the generosity of the philanthropic community. As a result, Grady has introduced new services and improved existing ones including opening the Marcus Trauma Center and the Marcus Stroke and Neuroscience Center, renovating the Burn center with new equipment and the outpatient clinic, renovating the Neonatal Intensive Care Unit with new equipment, and opening the Correll Cardiac Center and the Rollins Outpatient Cardiac Clinic.
These investments – coupled with strong leadership, transparent governance and operational improvements – have put Grady on a new course for excellence and long-term sustainability.
But we need your help today to continue carrying that momentum forward. Be a part of Grady’s future and strengthen our community’s well-being! Atlanta can’t live without Grady and Grady can’t live without YOU!